Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Spring in the North

It was raining here a few days ago, then it started slushing and this morning I woke up to 3 inches of very wet snow. I sang White Christmas to the cat and put the car back in 4WD. But on the topic of food, I have been getting in to summer mode with some lovely sandwiches made of sliced bocconcini, tomato and red onion, drizzled with balsamic reduction and shredded basil, and I added a shake of salt and pepper and a couple of chopped up kalamata olives because I like them. Pile it all on a crusty white bun and think of a sunny place. Although the tomatoes and basil may be store bought and not the most flavourful, it gives me hope and reminds me that warmer weather is just around the corner, and all the exciting herbs I ordered from Richters should be arriving soon.

See our pathetic weather on the WHTV web cam at the given link.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

There was supposed to be a link. Where is it? Grumble...

http://www.whtvcable.com/

10:05 AM  
Blogger spughy said...

If you are too lazy to cut and paste, click here.

This is why I live in Victoria now.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Okay, how do you do the link thing? Me not techy smart.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home