Monday, March 21, 2005

product review, plus tasty roast chicken

On Friday, when I was all snorty and snuffly and feeling the viruses, we had PC Blue Chicken and Red Pepper (or something like that) pizza for lunch. It was pretty darn tasty. Just the right amount of cheese (for me, I'm not a gobs-of-cheese type person), spinach, chicken, peppers, and very tasty tomato sauce. Good work, PC Blue people. The only minor quibble I have is that ther serving size (1 pizza) is too large for one person but too small for two. So, I ate 3/4 of mine and Stirling ate all of his and the remaining 1/4 of mine, but he'd been working hard outside all morning. If they scaled it back by maybe 20% it would be good. (Because even with the limited cheese, thin crust and veg, one pizza is 500 calories - more than I need for lunch.)

After I regained some of my health on Saturday I was going to make my super-tasty chipotle chicken. But it was raining and nasty and I didn't feel like playing with the smoker, so I did the standard lemon-rosemary-garlic chicken instead. Taaasty.

Zest of 1 lemon
sprig or so fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
honey if you want it (about 1/2 tbsp)
1-2 tbsp olive oil (2 if you didn't use honey)

Mix all of the above in a small bowl and smear it all over a chicken (or bits of chicken) that you have wisely brined ahead of time. (this works better if the chicken is nice and dry.) Throw chicken/bits of chicken into a 325F oven and cook til done. Leftovers are fabulous in salads & sandwiches. Especially if those include bacon and avocado as well. Yum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

How much for the pizza?

2:46 PM  
Blogger spughy said...

Ooo, I forget. Pretty cheap though. Maybe $5 for a package of 2? There's an easy way to find out though, since you live so conveniently close to StupidStore.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home