Thursday, March 24, 2005

is it ok to not like turkey?

Last night was "dinner in a rush" night so the usual soba, veg and steamed something was on the menu. 4-ways was out of chicken stirfry so we got turkey instead. I keep forgetting I don't like turkey. I don' t like the smell of it, and I don't like the taste of it, and even marinated in soy sauce and mirin and served with my favourite soba noodles, it still tastes gross. I don't know what it is about the turkey flavour I don't like, but it's rapidly outstripping mushrooms as my second least-favourite food (olives being number 1. I keep trying them, but... yuck. The mushrooms I am getting much better about. I actually enjoyed some mushrooms (portobello?) that were on a pizza a few weeks ago.)

I used to hate liver. I'm still not keen on the idea of beef liver, but I can handle chicken liver just fine. And of course foie gras, which barely counts as liver, but whatever. I will eat and appreciate pretty much everything else though. So why do I dislike turkey, something most of North America just looooves? Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home