Thursday, April 28, 2005

happy news

Everyone in Victoria who was savvy as to "where to eat" was sad when Saigon Night closed. I am happy to report (probably the last to figure this out, but whatever) that Kim's Vietnamese Cuisine on Johnson St. (basically one block over from where Saigon Night was) has the two items I actually care about on its menu (the Goi Du - papaya salad - and the Banh Tam - pork, pork, udon and coconut milk). AND they do both very well. I would even say that the papaya salad is (gasp) even better than Saigon Night's.

Anyway, that's all good. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the sisters and I were off quaffing wines in the Okanagan. I will let Rachel do a thorough post of that little adventure, since she is the wine goddess, not I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home