Tuesday, May 24, 2005

all-purpose marinade/rub

Last night I made a deeelicious lamb roast with barley risotto and spinach. Damn spinach and its incredible shrinking, um, shrinkingness. It was good spinach though. I got it from my friend Morgan's brother Dave's farm on Blenkinsop. Madrona Farms - you should go.

Anyhow, despite my not cooking nearly enough spinach, it was a good meal. I rubbed the lamb with the following mixture:

2 sprigs rosemary, finely diced
similar amount thyme, finely diced
similar amount sage, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 tbsp good dijon mustard (mine was grainy)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
pepper

This is so simple yet so good on lamb, chicken or pork. Probably wouldn't work so well on beef. And it smells fantastic while it's cooking. It is also shamelessly ripped off from Fatima, the head chef at Vinoteca, except she usually puts paprika in too. I couldn't be bothered to dig through my cupboard for my probably mostly dead paprika, so I left it out. Anyway, tasty tasty tasty.

And while it was cooking and smelling delicious, my mom called and ate mooseburgers with gorgonzola at me, which would have seriously pissed me off if I had been cooking, say, kraft dinner. But the lamb was almost as good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a mean mother. My coworker has been eating moose here all week. They're all mean!

-Amy

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home