Thursday, October 04, 2007

A few good articles

I found these on Salon.com (thanks to a link from the Traditional Foods group on MDC). They're a little excited and perhaps a weeeee bit disingenuous, but good.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/food/eat_drink/2007/10/03/breakfast_cereal/
http://www.salon.com/mwt/food/eat_drink/2007/01/30/annies/index.html

For the record, I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast cereal and I miss it not at all. We eat first a kefir smoothie for breakfast (which contains kefirized milk, fruits and if I'm feeling sneaky, some leafy green veg), then some kind of eggs or oatmeal, or occasionally for a treat pancakes or bacon & eggs for breakfast. I never spend more than about 10 minutes preparing breakfast, either.

If Rowan's around other kids who have cereal o's I let her have them, but we don't stock them at home. I just don't think they're *food*.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Oooh yes, breakfast cereal is awful stuff. I can't stand it. I love oatmeal but unfortunately I really can't eat it these days because of what it does to my boobs. I'm tired of engorgement.

10:23 PM  
Blogger spughy said...

Heh. I LOVE what it does for my boobs, and so does Rowan. But my problems are on the opposite end of the scale.

You could try that Kashi cereal - mixed grains. Or Red River cereal, I love that stuff. It's best if you soak it the night before (best as in tastes better and is easier to digest, especially if you add a tbsp of yogurt to the soaking water.)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home