Friday, August 03, 2007

Have I posted this one before?

This isn't my recipe, but I just have to post it because it is SOOOOO good. I've made it a couple times now and I love it so so much. It's not a thoroughly "traditional" meal thanks to the hoisin, but if you're really uptight about that sort of thing, I'd imagine some tamari, garlic paste and sucanat would do in a pinch instead.

Beer-braised hoisin short ribs

The show this is from on FoodTV has got to be one of the more boring half-hours on television. The host seems like a nice guy but has basically zero charisma. Oh well, some of his recipes are great, and in some respects it's nice to have NOT another Bobby Flay on TV. Also boring as hell but good: French Food at Home. It would be nice if the host would open her mouth to talk though.

In other food news, I've discovered the deliciousness that is duck eggs and I've been quite enjoying them. They're quite a bit richer than chicken eggs, thanks to proportionately larger yolks. My vinegar tarts turned out very nicely using them. So, big thumbs up to duck eggs if you can find them (in Victoria, Choux Choux carries them.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home