Monday, January 31, 2005

holy crap, weight training really works

I fired up the body fat analyzer part of the scale this weekend and it said I was down to 30% body fat. I don't know if I quite believe that because it was right after a workout, and the night before it was at 31%. But still, that's a couple percent off in a just a short time, and I do feel thinner. My weight is not hugely different - down to 134.5, so that's a lot of muscle I've been piling on, at least theoretically.

I've been doing the beginner 2-day split dumbbell routines on that really fabulous women's weightlifting site and they seem to work pretty well. That, plus a couple cardio sessions a week, plus my 3 pilates classes a week, should get me whipped into shape pretty darn quick. One thing I have noticed is that I've been a bit hungrier than normal, and I've had a lot more energy.

No new recipes today, sorry - and we're going out for dinner tonight, so no new stuff tomorrow either. I can, however, highly recommend my recently rediscovered breakfast of champions - 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese and a sliced banana. This was (so I'm told) my favourite food as a baby, and I go through a rediscovery phase every 3 years or so. It's such a great breakfast, though. Loads of protein, loads of carbs and vitamins, and it keeps you full all morning. And tasty, too! I drizzled a little lemon honey over top of it, just for an extra bit of morning zing. Verrrry tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home